We are excited to have you join us for this unique social online gathering experience. Our hope is to spread positivity and provide distraction during this troubled time. This is not the type of "convention" where we post a bunch of links to everyone's personal pages and send you on your way. This is a proprietary, all-in-one platform where you can interact with artists, vendors, and celebrities and make purchases just as if you were at an in-person convention.
Please enjoy browsing through our many rooms where you can shop for art and collectibles, participate in live panels, and even find new like-minded friends in cool watch parties from our communities of people sharing their love of fandom while practicing social distancing.
To help us keep the vibe comfortable and pleasant, please read and follow these "10 Tips of Chat Room Etiquette" from Margaret Page and familiarize yourself with "Wheaton's Law."
1. Review the "rules of engagement" when you join the community.
2. If it's your first time in the room, try "lurking" for a while to get a feel for how the chat room operates before jumping in.
3. When you're ready to participate, introduce yourself first. Just like you would when meeting people in a "real" setting.
4. Avoid using profanity or offensive language. Keep it clean!
5. Typing an entry in all caps can be considered rude, and is the equivalent to YELLING. Constant "shouting" will turn off other chatters. Keep the "noise" to a minimum.
6. When addressing someone in the chat, use their screen name. Chats move quickly and it can be difficult to catch the conversation if you're not clear.
7. Don't get too personal. Don't use your real name or reveal any personal information in a chat room.
8. Avoid direct confrontations with abusive users. If a chat host is available, alert them of the abusive chatter, but don't engage them.
9. Don't do ALL the talking. Respond to questions and comments. Be part of the conversation, but don't fill the chat board with "all about me" entries! Listening is part of communication.
10. Welcome all newcomers that enter the chat room. Remember when you were a "newbie"?